Things to consider before buying a property
Knowledge is power and we are here to help.
The unknowns of buying a home shouldn't be an obstacle to you getting your dream home.
It all depends on your lifestyle and based on that, we are ready
to help you every step of the way, from choosing a location to live to the day
you move into your new home and beyond. Here are the steps to consider:
What’s the Ideal Location?
Montreal has 19 Boroughs to choose from, depending on your lifestyle
- What Features Do You Need?
- Number of bedrooms, bathrooms
- Garden, fireplace, pool…
Garage, parking, basement
What Kind of Home?
- Single family, detached, semi-detached
- Bungalow, duplex, condo (divided or undivided)
- New construction vs old construction
- Pros and cons of each.
What’s Your Budget?
- How much do you want to spend?
- It all depends on the type of house and location
- Mortgage Pre-Approval – There are many advantages to getting pre-approved for a mortgage loan.
You will know exactly what you can comfortably afford and will not be looking at homes out of your range.
- Choosing a Mortgage lender
- Choosing types of Mortgages - More info
Searching for a Home Starts with:
- Choosing a neighbourhood
- Finding your perfect home
- Making an offer
- Negotiations Strategies
- Fulfilling conditions associated with the offer.
- Proper home papers, certificate, servitude titles…
- Costs Involved in purchasing a house, Inspection, Appraisal, Insurance
- Adjustments for taxes and utility bills.
- Registration and Notary fees
- Land transfer tax (welcome tax)